Do 27 was one of the first aircraft to be designed and produced
in Germany after World War II. The first airframe was finished in
october 1956 and carried the civil registration D-EKER. The nimble
Do 27 had superb STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing) capabilities
and was found to suit German military demands for a light liaison
and observation aircraft percectly well.
Marineflieger were to receive 14 aircraft, but these were supplemented
by 9 surplus aircraft from both Luftwaffe and Heeresflieger.
As a result a total of 428 aircraft were delivered to the all branches
of the Bundeswehr.
MFG 5 - by the still the Seenotstaffel - took delivery of the first
airframes on 28th july 1958. Both jet airwings also had Do 27 in
their inventories and used them as liaison aircraft.
In the end of 1964 all Do 27 were handed over to MFG 1 and continued
flying until the types retirement from naval service in 1972.
|max. Takeoff Weight: 1570kg